Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday catalogue bliss

So yesterday I came home after a loooooong day of work to find my mailbox overflowing with wondrous jolly holiday catalogues. I couldn't wait to dig in.

Glass of wine, check. Blanket on the couch, check. My newest glossy postage treats on my lap. Bliss.

Of the ones that arrived yesterday, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Free People, and Sephora. I could spend an entire evening flipping through the pages of these (and I pretty much did). Something about the the models with their red lips, teased hair and sparkly shoes that makes the cloud of holiday joy sprinkle its confetti down on you.

There were a few things that caught my eye in Nordy's. Some rhinestone Vera Wang flats and a new ostrich Marc Jacobs bag. Ugh I really don't need these items, but they are pretty for now and give me something delightful to think about when my day might otherwise be dull.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Ozzie bag
Vera Wang Lavender Label Luna flats


Time for another glass of wine. Time for Free People.

I've never actually bought anything from this brand, although they have some fascinating little dresses and quirky slips if you can find a way to pull it off without looking like you got dressed in the dark or want to dress like Laura Ingalls Wilder (for those of you not from the midwest, this equals "Little House on the Prairie style). There were a few items that were manageable, but I'm still holding out and eagerly awaiting for my J Crew holiday catalogue to magically emerge in my mailbox. Now that would be a great end to a workday.

A few interesting Free People finds....

Goddess Dress
Milicent Slip

No comments:

Post a Comment