Saturday, October 2, 2010

beauty and the beach

How amazing is technology if I can blog while in the comfort of my lounge chair on the beach in marco island???? Ahhh, satisfaction.....

What is it about the beach that makes it so simply intoxicating?? Is it the sound of the waves? The smell of coconut infused sunscreen products? Or just the thrill that you can laze about like a lump on a log for hours?

The beach here is so different than miami beach. Most notably, I see more fabric included in ladies swimsuits. As I gaze around here like a stalker, I can't help but notice the amount of full coverage bikini bottoms rather than the minuscule Brazilian styles that grace the bums of the miamians. My friend tara once told me though when I was considering my first purchase of a nonexistent bikini bottom that "less fabric on your butt actually indeed does make it look less larger." While it took me a moment to examine this "finding" of hers, I actually think there is something to this....

When you cover your behind with enough fabric to swaddle a newborn baby, you're going to look like you're wearing an adult diaper. If if you're worried about the volume your rump takes up, take this advice from my late grandfather "fat looks better tan."

No comments:

Post a Comment