Saturday, February 19, 2011

Vitamin C

One amazing thing about Palm Springs Cali is the fact that the neighborhood where my parents live is filled with gorgeous citrus trees. Fruiting beyond belief I was shocked to see trees filled with so much yummy citrus growing in the Desert....

How awesome would it be to just walk outside your front door and say, "I'd like to make Ina Garten's Lemon Yogurt Cake" recipe here. And then just go out and pick some monstrous oversized lemons from the lemon tree IN YOUR FRONT YARD! Awesome. 

So being a hoarder, I couldn't stand the fact that I was leaving this Eden of Citrus, filled with grapefruits and lemons and tangelos on steroids dangling from trees. I would take some home, of course. 

So the day of my flight back to Miami, I filled a J. Crew shopping bag (duh) with a few dozen fruits. Lemons, tangelos and one grapefruit for me to take back to Florida as tasty souvenirs. When I got on my airplane the flight attendant looked at my overflowing J Crew bag of Vitamin C and asked me why I was bringing citrus to Florida.....

Some amazing pics of the fruit trees








No comments:

Post a Comment