Thursday, July 21, 2011

Homemade Sweet Corn Risotto

Last week, husband was in trial prep (aka husband being MIA for extended periods of time and then arriving home with a beastly appetite to boot). I became a sweet wife for the week and made him absurdly time consuming recipes which involved a lot of chopping, dicing and crying because I used insane amounts of onion. The queen of all time consuming recipes equals risotto. The painfully filling kind, which takes nearly an hour to stir, add broth, stir, broth, stir, etc etc.

Knowing that a plate full of delicious carbs alone is the ideal jackpot dinner for me I decided to up my "sweetness" and throw on some protein for the growling husband upon his arrival....shrimps. Yum. But shrimp neatly sauteed in olive oil and garlic. Delicioso.

Suffer through the painstakingly slow and tortuous process of making risotto and make a lucky dinner companion proud. Indulge a little, eat some carbs. Just make sure you have a fab playlist while you're stuck stirring.

Recipe for this risotto found here.

Like I said, stir stir stir

Protein for the husband.

Death by carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment