Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mango Salsalita

I used to hate mangoes. Yes. This is true. But my mother-in-law's monster beast of a mango tree keeps raining them down and they keep multiplying, like they're the last mangoes on earth.

But now I like mangoes. Want to know why? Because I found this salsa recipe here. It changed me.

Besides all the dicing and chopping (ugh) the final product is perfecto. Plus I get to use all my seriously sharp and scary looking knives that we got for our wedding. Gracias Williams and Sonoma. Sometimes I like to pretend I'm Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa Style and that I can dice an onion in T-minus 20 seconds. But the onion makes me cry. Oh well. Just don't touch your eyes after you chop the jalapeno....

And since when did I start passing out copies of recipes at work to all the elderly ladies I work with? Since this recipe, that's when. And all the old ladies made this salsa and praised me the next day. They love me. Now I'm the 27 year old who passes out recipes like the weirdo guy that passes out Sudoku puzzles to people. Obviously I need to get my life in order.

Enjoy. Husband sure did, he ate it all in one sitting. And since we had no Tostidos left, he just used a spoon. No judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment