Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lemon Fusilli with Arugula

I tried out a new recipe tonight that I saw on Barefoot Contessa a while back.....
It was one of those weeks where we had a bunch of weird produce in our fridge that was going to go bad if we didn't eat it soon, namely arugula and cherry tomatoes (random things for Peter to even buy I know). I had remembered seeing Ina make this recipe on Barefoot Contessa  and I figured it would be a great way to rid our fridge of these random ingredients.

Verdict.....it was actually pretty yummy and easy to make. Although it would best be used as something to take to a dinner party or picnic and not to feast on as a main course. But since Peter and I like to "carbo-load" we ate it as our dinner.

Interestingly, the flavors were very different than how we usually make in our pastas. The lemon juice and zest and the two cups of heavy cream (yes we are fatties) made for such a different take on our everyday pasta. But after half our bowls were finished, I started to get annoyed with the lemony tang.

Bottom line.....great recipe, but better as a pot luck or side. Gracias Ina.



Recipe for lemon fusilli with arugula

No comments:

Post a Comment